Today we talked with a really cool caricaturist named Patrick Strogulski. Here is the interview and a part of his work.
1) Before we start the interview I would like to thank you for this opportunity. Please tell me when and how you got interested in illustration and art?
I’ve always drawn and painted a lot and was able to develop my skills through my education at an art college and my study of architecture at the university.
2) What inspires you? What artists and illustrators do you admire?
I am mostly inspired by people and it´s always great fun and a challenge for me to capture their personality in a funny way. In the art of portrait painting, Sebastian Krüger is for me the pathbreaking artist, whom work i greatly admire. I also admire old Dutch portrait painters, like Franz Hals or modern painters like Sigmar Polke, Gerhard Richter or cartoonists like Manfred Deix, Bernd Pfarr and many more.
3) How did you discovered your style ?
Decades ago i picked up a pencil and did not stop drawing.
4) What was your greatest project ? The one you loved the most to work on?
I can´t say there was the greatest Projekt. I do private commission, working sometimes for advertising campaigns or do stuff like, creating a CD-Cover .
5) Name some websites you browse everyday.
I don´t browse everyday, but here some links i like:
6) What are your hopes and dreams?
I would like to meet and marry Scarlett Johansson, this dream probably won´t come true, so i would be also happy with Megan Fox !
7) Thank you for this oportunity , tell something to the art-fanatics here on PSDartist.
Thanks for reading this Interview, have a nice day and always try to breath, relaxed through your pants.